Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nov 18.08

In LaPaz, Baja now since Sunday nite... left San Diego Wednesday and had a great drive to El Rosario and finally things getting cheaper...my motel was $250pesos ($22US)...unfortunately found out today that I left my drivers license there...wonder whats next...havent been doing so well on the documentation thing...first lost my bank card and spare credit card in the desert crash, now my license is a dilemma, and I havent been able to find my expired passport which has my still active Visa for Brazil which is good for 5 years (thinking ahead abit)...guess I gotta be more present!

From El Rosario went across the desert back to the Gulf of California, so very beautiful in the desert and so many varied landscapes, spent the nite in Santa Rosalia, quiet little place where I ran into a German couple on an 18 year old BMW Dakar totally loaded, they were heaed to cath the ferry to Guyamas...almost went with them...maybe shoulda...likin that its gettin cheaper...my motel was $150 pesos ($12)

"Volcan Tres Virgines"










A very common road sign in Mexico is "Curva Peligrosa" meaning dangerous curve ahead...pay attention cause they mean it










Next day feeling real lazy and didnt get going till noon....hour later stopped at Mulege, very beautiful oasis..had lunch and then headed to Loreto...was abit worried it was too late already 2:30pm... a bit south of Mulege hit a nice beach with camping...my home for the nite and first swim in the Gulf...Camping $50 pesos ($4)












From Mulege it was south thru Loreto and wonderful road and beautiful drive, till the road headed inland away from the water and the longest straightest boringest stretch of road I have ever been on...200Km and maybe one turn...closer to LaPaz was better

Some amigos








Have had three good riding days and hanging a bit in Lapaz...will get a ferry tomorrow off the Baja for the mainland..probably Mazatland...glad for the rest and break in "adversity" ..my hotel Pesion Hotel Califonia $200pesos ($16) and security for the bike in the lobby...very accomodating!

While at the hotel met a wonderfully adventerous lass, Laura Zick from Moab on a sailing adventure, crewing her way "The Long Way Down"...her current passion is to manifest her own 27' sailboat to go round the world and she'll do it!..we made a gallant attepmt to get my bike on the boat fo the crossing from LaPaz to Mazatlan..would have been a great adventure, but alas, I'll be on tonights ferry instead...bummer

Nov 20 is Le Revoltion Day in Mexico celebrating the anniversary of the "Revolucion"...military didnt seem to have a prolem with it!

3 comments:

  1. Yo to the frog jumping biker,
    Thank you for putting together a great blog for all of us to follow your journey and exploits south of the border. Man, you are an inspiration! Good pics and words paint quite the story.

    Saddle blessing and much more . . . James (Alias bro headed south to join you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude! Wow! you is ROCKIN in the (semi) FREE WORLD! Great pics! Keep yerself safe! Oh, and it is time for a 2009 entry, eh? ;)

    ReinBro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. Just a note: I see no frogs on those roads. Have you been DRINKING? :P :D

    ReplyDelete